Sunday 13 March 2011

my american idol

I know this is not a new trend, nothing ever is. I was first turned on to it a few years ago when the Cox household were having a heavy Miami Ink phase and Kat Von D wore feathers in her hair and looked far out in a happening kind of way.


Then last year I realised the ultimate style plate Steven Tyler wears them. It was something I wanted to do but it obvs works better on long hair, which I don't posses the ability to grow. This year I've grown my straggly ends down a bit and thought, fuck it, could give it a whirl. Or in the spirit of Steven Tyler's American Idol censorship, BLEEP it, could give it a whirl.

Incidetally, this shirt is also brilliant and reminds me of the vest he wears at the end of Wayne's World 2. Excellent.

So I was in Toppers, source of my other feathery finds and I found this:

The band is almost the same colour as my hair and it sort of worked in the heat of the moment so I bought it. Unfortunately my hair has the thickness of brown smoke so I can't actually wear it without my ears poking out like a gelfling. I tried to wear it out last night, in which case it could have looked like this:



But I think instead I'm ging to take it off the band and attach the feather chain to a kirby grip as it will be easier to wear this way. Want the duck feather one now too, prettyyyy.

I also want to share the top I wore last night. It is not flattering on me but I couldn't bear to not have it as from the front it is a normal vest but the back....





Some sort of netty, skull thing is going on.

2 comments:

  1. i wore a feather in my hair when i was being a gypsy in the woods in suffolk and got muchos compliments. you look fit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a feathering kit being delivered this week (a little bit of summer enterprise idea ha) - will need someone to practice on so I am going to call on YOU obviously ha. They're not big feathers like your hairband though, but they're like the thin longer ones in your Tyler pic. Will charge to do them in the summer possibly, fancy being my guinea pig (for free)? They're clamped into your hair so they stay there for ages and you can wash you hair etc with them in xx

    ReplyDelete