Monday 23 May 2011

call me

I have borrowed a box set of 'Secret Diary of a Call Girl' from my sister. I have before, perhaps controversially, said that I think secret diary is the closest the UK has come to its own SATC. Obviously it doesn't compare, and I don't even really mean they are similar because of the sex theme, more for the fact that Belle in Secret Diary has that Carrie Bradshaw thing of different looks for different occassions, complete with appropriate accessories and make-up, hairstyles that often theme with where she is going. I know it is not styled by Patricia Field, I'm not saying its anywhere near that quality, but part of what I like about SATC and SD is that you never know how the girl is going to look next, and I really appreciate that 'total look' thing, with al the different hairstyles and make-up to compliment the outfits.

Now I know that my friend Georgie would hate to be compared to Carrie and Belle, but she is the person I know in real life who best fits this; you never know what she will be wearing, how her hair will be, how she will have done her make-up, but you know that it will be different from before, different from other people and she will just have nailed the total look. She is also like Carrie and Belle in that she seems to know her body and what suits her and dresses herself in a way that enhances her best bits and exudes sexiness. She always looks gorgeous but real too, individual, like Carrie and Belle. She is like Barbie, but a cooler more rock n roll Brit version; a stunning blonde that boys go gagagagaga over. I have been looking for pictures to best demonstrate this for ages but I don't know if this does her justice, as I stumble upon more, I will add them. My friend Simone also has this quality, but her style is a bit more 'fashion goth', I think I will have to do a blog on her soon too as she does the most amazing hair and make-up creations.








1 comment: