Saturday 18 August 2012

hay mas tiempo que vida



My lovely friend Sammi stopped by with a belated birthday present for me -what a sweetie! I love the little details on this Tatty Devine sugar skull pendant, especially the little stilettos. As you may have noticed, I love sugar skulls and am always happy to have a unique one to add to the collection. I have wanted to get one tattooed since 2007 but as I want the design to be just right I haven't quite got there. Since then they have become very fashionable, which is a bit annoying, but doesn't detract from the fact that I love their symbolism, but also the aesthetic of them; they're both morbid and goth, while at the same time being feminine and alive with colour. Also for my birthday, Elle got me an amazing book on Day of the Dead by Antoni Cadafalch and Dr Alderete. It's full of beautiful images that should be good inspiration on designing a tattoo. I need to get a move on this! Leopard print playsuit was in the Monkii sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment