Tuesday 18 February 2014

do you love me?

noooowww that I can daaaaaance....

This was just one of the many fabulous motown/northern soul songs we danced to on Friday night aka Valentines Day, or more appropriately, Gallontines Day. Buffalo Bar hosted their monthly Great Big Kiss night, and as I'm temporarily living in Islington (within walking distance!) it was a match made in heaven. 

My boyfriend of almost 8 years dumped me around Halloween time (again, appropriate) but anyway, that's for another blog with another soundtrack, so even though we never 'did' Valentines, as a freshly-single it was still going to be the MEH heard around the world. Luckily, I have my dear friend Elle Bear who is also a fan of dancing, themed outfits, and Macdonalds at 3am. She has been the champion of heartbreak distractions, so it was decided we would go dancing, in little Valentines themed outfits, in homage to the girl groups GBK favour. I have a real obsession with co-ordinating with my friends so we look like a girl band, just ask them, its a sickness.

As I am in temporary accomodation, I'm working from a rationed wardrobe. When I realised that the KEY PIECE of my valentines outfit was in my parents garage along with most of my other accessories I DEMANDED it was posted to me. Luckily my mother understands how important these things are and indulged my diva. And what was this key piece I hear you ask..... 



that, my friends is a heart-shaped 'I love Lucy' bum bag. Ok so I've never seen the show, and I'm no Lucille Ball, but I love the idea that it was a female-comedian led, super popular programme. Plus my name is Lucy. Plus it's a BUM BAG. I don't think you are technically allowed to wear accessories professing self-love except in extreme circumstances, like being heartbroken on valentines. I bought it for 50p from the RSPCA charity shop in Upminster a couple of christmases ago, and it has been laying in wait, like a horror movie creep, under beds and in garages. I don't travel light (I have lipstick related indecision issues) so I also took out a tiny, velour heart shaped bag, also 50p from the same charity shop. 

The rest of the outfit was an unremarkable 60s/90s mash-up chosen for comfort, and PINK. Oh, how I love pink, as well we know. That jacket has been discussed previously.



Lucille and Ethel 
Note: hand stamp says 'LOVED'. Heart print shorts


Charlie's Angels. We tried to get him to wear a heart print cravat.

No comments:

Post a Comment