Wednesday 18 May 2011

brown and black and birthdayed all over

Saturday night I managed to have yet another faux birthday, but closer to my actual birthday and still awesome. My actual birthday was kind of lame in the day and then better in the evening, but leading up to it I have been completely spoiled with love and generous gifts, which I will blog when appropriate, as I am basically too lazy to document it all arbitrarily. I don't like how I looked on the night as such, the tranny eyelashes were a huge mistake (again, I think its time to send them to early retirement) and my outfit would have looked nice on a wee waif but on me was just unflattering. However, I like to use this blog to record my charity shop and second hand finds, and this outfit contained a few doozies. I didn't have the foresight (or time) to photograph it so I have robbed these pics from Elle to demonstrate. And Simone had backcombed my hair something fantastic... A classic picture demonstrating how ridiculous Furr and I look together. I've really helped the situation with the frou-grab. The suede jacket was a tenner from my (ex) charity shop, its ginuwine Pioneer Wear, made in the U.S of A, baby. I love its pronounced shoulders. The skirt is vintage Topshop - not from the vintage section in Topshop, actual vintage Topshop. TopshopTopshopTopshopTopshop. I got it from a charity shop in Worcester Park a couple of years ago for a fiver and it was - what is very fashionable now but incomprehensible to me then - midi length, so I had it taken up, although it is still just above the knee, not mini. Wish I had left it alone now but how could I have known that a fashion that accentuates a bulky calf would be something I would want to wear? The print is all kinds of rad animal prints and animals. You can just see my new Little Wing earring, a gift from Elle which has skull beads on the top.
I will eat your heart. Creepy right?
Waaa I wanna be blonde

In the other ear I had a loooong feather earring from Topshop (which pre-dates Little Wing so is allowed...) and I wore a silky nightie from Asda as a top. Oooo look at all my hair.
Elle also gave me a necklace and this Dia de los muertos skull bead bag charm. I am mad sick in love with it:
.... yes this was the bag I took out on Saturday, I have some perverse matching problem. Incidentally, the bag was £2.50 from the second hand clothes shop that is opposite, and rival to, my ex charity shop.

Next up will be my sissys 21st birthday and I can't wait to see her!

1 comment:

  1. Cannot believe that bag was so cheap :)
    Glad you had a fun faux birthday!
    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete