Tuesday 29 July 2014

parallel lines

I really like black and white stripes - the thick '80s kind, not the thin Franco/Marine ones, and vertical are superior to horizontal. I think this sprung from the familial love of Blondie I picked up pace with in my late teens - the striking appearance of the 'Parallel Lines' album cover with the black and white and red. Sexy. Of course Debbie Harry is a huge style influence, hell, even the subject of this blog is named as a Blondie-meets-fashion tribute. Let's enjoy some pictures of Debs in some striped glory before we get to my embarrassing homage... 


 

I went shopping in High Wycombe last week with my friend who was over from Australia for 2 weeks. She used to be quite dubious about charity shopping, but (I like to think) I really got her in to it, so we hit up a load while she was back in the UK. Sue Ryder in High Wycombe was FANTASTIC, I'm very loyal to Sue Ryder as it is but I really recommend their shop in Wycombe - watch this blog for more of the goodies we found. 

I picked up this oversized shirt from their sale rail for £2! I wasn't sure how I would wear it at the time, but then I got a wee bodycon from Asda for £6 and lived in this outfit all last weekend. The shirt provided a good cover to the (at times) inappropriate nakedness of the bodycon, which is what I needed for an outfit that had to take me across all hours and various social situations - many train/tube/bus journeys, a going away BBQ with family members, movies with a friend, a pole dancing competition, Dirty Burger eating - yes the shirt did help hide my post meat-meals belly too, score







 Note - how awesome is my friend's vintage mirror?! and the anchor buttons! Of course Harry gets away with the red lippie pout a lot better than I do




No comments:

Post a Comment