Tuesday 29 July 2014

a spot of sunbathing

From stripes to spots, how adventurous of me. I bought this dress a few years ago from Sue Ryder charity shop in Woodley. It has no tags or labels so I think it was handmade, but probably only 1980s chanelling 1950s, unfortunately. I think it was £5 - it was very cheap, it had a matching belt that I detached and have now sadly lost. It has a rigid corset top which makes it so flattering.

I'd actually never worn it out the house, despite having had it for years, because I was waiting for some occassion. I've had a pretty up and down few months, and with most of my summer wardrobe still unaccessible in the garage I just thought, fuck it, I'm going to wear this dress to work to cheer me up. This is the attitude I've taken with a lot of my wardrobe now. I love having the right outfit for the right occassion but hoarding stuff for ages and waiting for it's first wear is sometimes just too depressing - the clothes you love should be worn. I don't love the post work hair and make-up, and the shoes weren't the best complinent to it, but if I kept on like that I would never wear it and this dress should be worn! I did bake a carrot cake and take a couple of slices along with a chilled bottle of amaretto down to the Tate Modern to enjoy in the sun on my lunch break with a friend. 








yes, the icing is a bit sloppy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment