Sunday 13 July 2014

strawbeary sunday

The notorious British summertime. I got a lovely strawberry print fabric lined picnic basket for my birthday a few years ago, and every time I have planned to use it, the weather has let me down. Luckily I have managed to give it 2 outings so far this year; there is something so pleasing about picnic-ing properly. As always, I see part of that as dressing appropriately. Realistically this would mean wearing something you don't mind sitting in swan shit in, or spilling houmous down, but we can't let practicality ruin all the fun, all the time. 

The bulk of my summer dresses are still locked up in my parent's garage out of reach as my mortgage application rumbles on, but I have been enjoying this striped a-line summer dress which was my mum's in the 80s/90s. The top part doesn't quite fit but I think because of the sweetheart neckline it doesn't look too bad having the top button undone. Plus the big a-line skirt is good for hiding your muffin top under. On a separate humble brag note, the blueberry muffins I made for the occasion were divine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment