Sunday 20 July 2014

every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man

The precision, the details, the rules - I have a bit of a thing for men's dressing. I love reading GQ Style, it's like erotic literature to me. 8 years ago, when I was doing my fashion journalism masters it was suggested to me that I should watch 'American Gigolo' with Richard Gere, as he looks so fantastic in all of his suits - it's the film credited for making Giorgio Armani popular in the U.S. I have finally gotten round to watching it after all these years, and from a sartorial point of view it did not disappoint. I also enjoyed some of the spicy scenes too, whatchagonnado? The heavy use of Blondie in the soundtrack didn't hurt either. This scene gives me a wide-on - TWO DRAWERS OF TIES.



Lauren Hutton is of course perfection in it too. There's a great scene before Julian and Michelle get it on for the first time and there's a close-up of him taking her red Bottega Veneta clutch and carefully placing it on the table. It's those details ladies, am I right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment